Saturday, February 24, 2007

Wrong Turn

For the first time in years I'm stumped with something that I can't understand...Well, it's about work. Y'know WORK. It's not about my personal life. If it's something personal, don't ever think I'd ever got around that. Men can't be deciphered.

Anyways, I'm trying to unlearn everything I know and develop a new way of thinking. Everything's different now. I don't think percentages or call pattern and volume. I think butt to seat and headcount. Hard numbers with corresponding personalities. Hahaha~

I was working on the process of changing shifts. After 3 days I gave up. I looked at my boss and told him, "I give up, I can't do anything anymore. Give me something else."

He said, "If there's nothing you can do then there's nothing." And went on to give me another task.

I haven't even met the entire team, I haven't even learned the entire process, I don't even know how to run the lines. All they're asking me is to look at the schedules and come up with a process. Darn. I feel so inadequate.

Hopefully after my weekend, I'd feel more refreshed and would be able to think more effectively and come up with solutions that would blow them all away. (I know for a fact that I can blow them away in a different way...but I don't think they'd like that).

Everyone went home early, including Paul. I only have Ron, my RTA who's in charge of my account's reports and one RTA downstairs whose name I forgot (basta daddy dating niya and he used to work for the government as a statistician and this is his first call center job). And since no one's around and Timmy can't join me for dinner, I asked Rei to drop by since she's just at Sykes OSMA. I treated her ar Jobee and played catch up. It'll be KDs birthday soon.

I have to buy a really good book later before heading home. I need a good read this weekend. No gimiks. Texted the guys, Mikey's busy, Sir Nonoy have this out of town thing and Randell never replied (as if marunong siya magreply). Ryan and I decided to just resched everything back to March 17.
I also have to buy a new pair of shoes. My 3 inch heels would one day send me to the grave. I can't commute with 'em everyday. Hey! I've been riding the MRT for 5 days now. Wehehehe~
Wee, I love my 21" LCD screen monitor and my optical mouse...at work...that is. Sosy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, in many ways I can relate to what you're saying about "having to think different". I've been doing quality assurance consulting for a few years now. I get hired to come into a company and analyze their processes, the people, the products, etc... and to streamline all that stuff into something more effective... bottomline less cost, more profit shit.

It's always so awkward (even though I've been doing it for a while)... because I'm perceived initiallyh as this stranger who just comes in and doesn't really know what's going on. I have to always remind myself to "think differently" and frame the solution based on all the factors (meaning "people" and their opinions).

I need a new job. My head aches.

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please