Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Marriage

On my way to work tonight I thought of all the married couples I know of. I realized something unsettling and at the same time comforting. Y'see, most of the married people I know of is in a very restricting relationship, from my point of view anyway. They can't just do something without the permission of their spouses, even the smallest thing like having their regular hair cut. And they can't just go out without asking for permission even for such mundane things such as buying a magazine from 7-11. It's not like your partner would get affected if you do get your haircut without prior notice. But heck, that's part of marriage and partnership, the one that people around me knows of.

I said it's unsettling mainly because I can't imagine myself not being able to do anything without all the extras. Can I do it first and then I'd tell you about it. What if my partner's out or is busy, sayang oras. Hehe. The practical side of me can't take the thought of losing precious minutes over that. Also, the control freak on me is a bit on the edge with the thought that I won't always in control. That I have to be reliable on someone else to make decisions for me. That maybe time would come where I can't just ride off to the mall just because he can't be with me. Sheesh~

Then again, I have to admit it's quite comforting. Knowing you'd never be alone. Also, I have to admit that it'll be quite refreshing to just let go. Heck, I don't need to fret because someone else, someone I trust and love, would tell me what I can do and when can I do 'em. Heehee...Babaw? I don't think so. It's comforting.

The best thing about all these is I don't even need to worry about it. I'm single. Hmm, great!

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please