I dunno why I keep on forgetting the birthdays of my family members. I forgot my Mom's birthday, my Dad's, my brother and now my lola. I went home, ate breakfast (which happened to be pancit bihon! And I still didn't get a clue!) then went directly to bed. Lo and behold, I was woken in a ruckus and found my long lost Aunts and Lolas chuckling like wild geese around the dining table. Ouch! I forgot my Lola's birthday, not for the first time but for the 3rd time in a row. How amazingly stupid?!
But what made my day was the fact that for a few minutes I was able to spend time and laugh my cousins. Hey, I know they're like the brady bunch living in their Pleasanville home up in the mountains, but hey, thye're still family. They brought with them their new toy, a laptop with all the works. My old dusty desktop was smitten when we connected them together to transfer some old Sega game they downloaded. The games that we used to play as kids. Magic Princess, Wonder Boy, even the Michael Jackson game where Michael kills zombies by dancing...The hell?! Sabi ko nga sa kanila, "ang corny natin nun!" But twas fun, as I've said.
How I wish I can go back to our old house at Kingsville, with it's big windows, the marble floors, the expansive playrooms, the swing at the frontyard, the old 21 inch TV that was our constant playmate...and our dearly beloved SEGA. Hahaha...the only thing that I learned to play. How I miss those times...
No comments:
Post a Comment