Thursday, March 31, 2005

Adulthood

I was jolted, more like smacked, on the head yesterday when I saw some of my college friends over who were applying here ar my place. It seems that they're all worried about the exam and interview and I couldn't help but feel stupid and aged.

After all, Ive been to dozens of interview, countless exams and been to several government offices. I told my friend that once in, there are still a lot of things that needed her careful attention...Like securing a police and NBI clearance, medicals, getting herself a SSS # etc.

Really, I felt old...And somewhat the knowledge that my friends are just experiencing the things that I've long accepted as part of being an adult means that I grew up way faster than I should have...Regret is settling in, slowly.

Also, someone told me that I'm someone who makes men sorta "afraid"...I dunno if that was made as a joke or if there's a hint of honesty into it. I'm no player. I'm only into serious relationships. Then I realized, I never even really enjoyed dating around.

I think I missed a lot...huhuhuhu!

4 comments:

the little monster said...

feeling ko nga masyado ko na pinagpaliban ang pagtanda. i still don't want to grow-up. i don't think ever would. i don't want to face all the adult stuff that's waiting... i want to go to neverland.

Anonymous said...

think about it this way, one day we'll all need to grow up...and yes, we'll all wish for our Neverland. I am wishing for it a bit earlier than you guys...

the little monster said...

you just wished for it when you were faced with your reality.. i wished for it back when i was a kid.. because i never wanted to leave it.. and i do not think that we all NEED to grow up. true, we have to work and earn, but that doesn't necessarily equate to growing up

Anonymous said...

working and earning doesn't equate with growing up...that's true. but leading a good and honest life entails a certain amount of responsibility and a broader sense of understanding that i think, are the factors that, one or another, pushes us to grow up...whether we like it or not. i know where you're coming from. it's just that we have different views of how to define the term.

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please