Monday, June 06, 2005

In My Life

In my life I've had a handful of wonderful experience that comprises a large part of my short existence. I can probably enumerate everyone as not many were able to see past the stares I'd often give and many had failed to earn my trust altogether. I've had so called friends who's been with me for years but know not half of the story that I tell. Yet some, came into my life just recently but was trusted with my most shadowed secrets. These are the people I'd like to thank.

My family has always been my treasure. It may not be apparent most of the time but I can't imagine life without them. My mom has always been the only person who loved me despite everything I've done. My sister has been my greatest audience who would applaude me with every curtain call I had to endure. My aunts have always been the source of my deepest inspiration, they were the ones who taught me that success is not waited on, it's worked for.

My childhood friends will always be the "tinkerbells and peter pans" of my life. They gave me the most wonderful memories any person should have. A link to the past that bring smiles and a lot of fairy powder to my almost adult mind. Kaitlin would always be my soul sister, a constant companion of my heart and of my mind. Ana would always be my little sister, always acting like my "ate" but was the one I had to look after most of of the time. Cathy, Hazel, Daisy and Cherryl will always be my gang. The brightest minds in class need not be a bore after all. The week would never be complete without the weekly treat we had to have at the fast foods beside our alma mater, the projects wouldn't be complete without our late nights, classes would be different without them around. The McShane family has always been my family away from home, my gang away from the the gang. Ha, I can't seem to describe the relationship we've had. That was probably the most "inspired" year of my high school life. I miss Tetet, Anadelle, Pong, May, Tatay and Bibe, where are you guys?!

My blockmates and orgmates have always been, simply put, "my friends." They introduced me to the bigger picture that was life AND fun. All the things that I've always wanted to do, I was able to accomplish with them around, well not all, but most anyway. UP became my playground as I started to discover the rebelious streak in me. Arki Forum became my family as I started to realize just how vital and important I am, that I am who I want to be and that the world needs me however small a part I've to play. Half of what I am now, I learned with them around. Half of what I believe in, I acquired when we were together. I became the me that you know because they opened my eyes to the countless possibilities. The road less traveled need not be traveled alone I realized.

I almost thought I'd end there, but time as it moved brought me more people that made a difference in my life. The people I met and befriended throughout the last two years gave me more than I could ever ask for. And for that I am more than thankful.

My batchmates at PeopleSupport made the summer of 2003 a happy one. I dropped out of college, my family's a mess and I alienated myself from my friends, only to meet such wonderful people who made coming to my first work ever exciting rather than scary. The nervous sighs became hearty laughs. Thanks to the company of 39-B. No, it's not my bra size (I wish!) but my class. I'd never forget Yo, Gail, Paula, Tin, Rex, Liza, Lizza and all the others.

I made a few significant friends on my next job. Probably because I was not able to stay long at ICT. Nevertheless, the few people I was able to connect with are still with me. They never forgot to shoot me an email or two once in a while. At the time when I thought I was useless, they made me smile. They were never aware of the battle that I was fighting at the time we were together, yet they made sure to remind me that I am better than everyone else. They still do actually. Thanks to Mayne, Darwin and Maia. And Patrick too.

And now I have my RMH family. They became my stronghold when I decided I want to be "out there" again. The seeds of change that was planted when I was at UP grew the more when I came here. I started to see farther and wider. I saw so many facets of the human emotion and the subtle difference of being indifferent, being tolerant and being an individual. Acceptance became a sort of norm around here. I was able to accept the fact that I am not perfect nor am I inadequate. I was able to accept the truth behind every single pain that I had to endure. And I was able to accept that after all, my life is still perfect. All my love and gratitude to everyone here. Class Alpha, the AT&T account, Sir Erwin (oh my! you're the best OM I've ever had!), Ms. Carme (the best manager ever!), GIlbert, Jane, Darlynn, Gina, E, Rose, Paopao, Huggy, PM and the pendong boys, Richard, BJ, Randy and my sister May.

I'm now checking another side of the world with my new pals...Heehee~ Hello to Lesley, Ryski, Pseudomori, Yuri, Abel, Booie, Meann, Germs and Aian.

In my life...

Thank you, I love you.






No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please