Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Your Old Self's Dream

If my 23 year old self would ask my 13 year old self what life she thinks she'd have in 10 years I think they'd have awfully different answers. 

My 13 year old self's world was small and limited. She wanted a regular 9 to 5 office job, get married, rent an apartment and maybe own a used car. My 23 year old self, just starting out her career and had just had her first heart break wanted to be in mid-management, self sufficient with her own house and a car, and maybe a kid -- all on her own. 

Now, I want something else again. I want a job I love and enjoy regardless of title or prestige, I want a life partner to grow old with or maybe even just a bestfriend and a rather comfy life of monotony. I know it's unfair, cos I already achieved a level of material satisfaction. I can afford to say I want to be a barista soon!

Or maybe an executive secretary.

Or maybe an online teacher.

Or maybe I can be a farmer. 

I don't know yet but whatever would help me achieve that relentless dream of peace. 




No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please