I went all the way to RMH from IBM just to have coffee with friends.
Yep, that's me. If for other people the line out of sight, out of mind works, with me it's not even considered an excuse because you'd always be in sight.
And that's why Hernan and I admittedly announced to each other that we can't deal with LDR relationships. He did say that it seems like I'm practicing it already though. Heck, it might seem that way since I've been nowhere another man for months but once there, I know I won't be able to stay away for so long.
Penny said it's dangerous for me to think of dropping by just for a few minutes at that hour. I told her I used to go to Eastwood or Makati (whether he be home or at work) at 2am just so I could see a jerk and spend time with him, why won't I do it for my friends? Cos really, I can.Which brings me to the fact that I'm more scared of getting myself into any kind of commitment. My friends, especially Glenn, can attest to the fact that once I made a promise, then it's as good as done. I don't give empty commitments and the fact that sometimes I make decisions based on the current situation just scares the hell outta me the following day...cos I know I'd stick with it til the end, however stupid or unlikely it may seem.
And again, I've been getting the ever famous question, "Are you single?"
Yes I am. And no I've no issues with men. Well, I think I don't. And no, I'm not gay though that's the easiest way to stop any further questioning. And yes, I've had previous relationships. Grabe, I swear, I still sometimes run out of answers to everyone's questions. Ron (RTA Lead) and Mylene
(OM) had me started already. Then Caye, short for Cayetano (RTA/reports analysts), had the floor moving this morning. Can I bring a paperbag and just put it on my head? Hahaha~
Ohhhh, I got my shipment from everyday minerals. Yahoo. Aylavit!
And my brother bought my old K700i for a very cheap price and for that he gave me another charm for my charm bracelet. How sweet! I now have 5 of them, one from Kait, one from Hernan, one from Paul, one from my bro and one which I got myself...Ang saya!
3 comments:
I'm commitment-phobic - whether it' friendship, work or romantic relationships. Yes, I know have a problem but I'd rather not join a 12-step program.
I particularly hate the "Why are you STILL single?" question when it's asked by my parent's friends. I dread going to events with them... Cringe. One time, one of them asked my parent's if I was gay and then I had to explain to my parent's that I wasn't. And then of course, those parents try to get you to do one of those "correspondence with someone you don't know in the Philippines... who really just wants a Visa to Canada". BLEAH. I know it's all well-meaning, but no, "I really don't want to date your creepy bald-headed son, no thank you."
Sometimes, I think it'd be more convenient if I was gay, but alas I'm not. If it ain't got that swing, it ain't my thing. :D
i know. for example, last weekend, we had a get together at my lola's house in the province. i didn't come and my sister kept on messaging me to come even when i'm late. last time i saw them all last xmas, twas my cousin's wedding and they're all grilling me if i've some man hidden somewhere who'd marry me short of a single word's notice. c'mon!
how do they expect me to enjoy the day if all i hear about is how much i'm losing just because im single. i actually think it's great. I DON'T NEED A MAN TO MAKE ME COMPLETE.
of course, i still want one. but i just don't want to settle. that's all.
i found this charm bracelet my aunt got me when we went to NY a few years back. yung mga charms nya puro statue of liberty. bawasan ko ng isa, bigay ko sayo. hehehe.
Post a Comment