Something's wrong. The world is changing and it's not getting any better.
On my way to work this afternoon, I saw a young girl (about 2-3 yrs old) with an old lady who's prolly her mom. They said hi to a guy who was walking beside me, the guy shouted something to the little girl. It was a joke me thinks. The mom said, "*toot* ka daw o!" at which the little girl replied, "tado!" The mom and the stranger laughed like the girl just said something amazing and not an insult.
The other day, I was on my way home from the mall, when from the cab I saw a bunch of gradeschoolers getting out of this public school right by the main road. One of the girls hitched her skirt up and squatted on the sidewalk while she took a pee for everyone to see. No one paid attention and apparently her family didn't think it's not only gross but dangerous. We hear about kids being sexually assaulted everyday, and if they grew up thinking it's ok that they show they privates to complete strangers then that's big trouble.
Yesterday I was heading to the dentist when my mom asked me to change my shorts. I said nothing's wrong with it. She said it's much too short. I was astounded. One it's not a pekpek shorts...not evern close to a beach shorts. What's so short about it? I'm freaking 25 years old and I can't wear shorts to the dentist which is 5 mins walk away from my house when at age 25 they're already married and with kids? What's happening!?
No comments:
Post a Comment