
I don't spend much time with my extended family as I used to. Last time I went to Pampanga was...err...a year and a half ago? Sheesh~
I got to see almost everyone yesterday though, 'special' occassions are great excuses to make contact. Heehaw~ The moment everyone stepped inside Santuario de San Jose, I heard a collective gush even when the bridal procession has already started. They think I was an apparition of some sorts. Heck, if I'd appear anywhere, I don't think it'll be in a church, but appear I did with my 3 month old highlights (that no one has seen before) and curled hair.
Honestly, I love weddings. Makes me grin-ny the entire day. I hate the fact though that my cousin's getting married. Blech. Everyone was about to cry. Sheesh~ I hate crying with my cousins, we look like a sorry lot. A dozen girls all snotty and heaving? Hahaha~ Not such a good image. Yeah, we cried. Then, the questions started. "When are you getting married, Hanne?" >,<
When?! Can we just all face the altar and start praying for that day?
Honestly, I was dreading that moment. And that moment came every 5 minutes or so. Why won't they stop asking? Well, I know. I'm next in line. And just like one of my Ate, they think I've no plans of getting married.
Well, almost right. Almost. Another thing they won't stop rubbing at me was the fact that I've been nowhere to be found the past year or so. Every time one of our pamangkins would drop by they'd go like, "You don't know blah-blahs daughter because you're always absent" or when something new comes up and it's apparent I've no clue about it they'd be like, "Hinde mo alam kase absent ka." I owe them I know. I owe my lola the most. Awwww...She was the first one I seeked out in the crowd and I held her the longest.
Until the next wedding then? Who knows, baka makahabol pa ako. Asa~
I got to see almost everyone yesterday though, 'special' occassions are great excuses to make contact. Heehaw~ The moment everyone stepped inside Santuario de San Jose, I heard a collective gush even when the bridal procession has already started. They think I was an apparition of some sorts. Heck, if I'd appear anywhere, I don't think it'll be in a church, but appear I did with my 3 month old highlights (that no one has seen before) and curled hair.
Honestly, I love weddings. Makes me grin-ny the entire day. I hate the fact though that my cousin's getting married. Blech. Everyone was about to cry. Sheesh~ I hate crying with my cousins, we look like a sorry lot. A dozen girls all snotty and heaving? Hahaha~ Not such a good image. Yeah, we cried. Then, the questions started. "When are you getting married, Hanne?" >,<
When?! Can we just all face the altar and start praying for that day?
Honestly, I was dreading that moment. And that moment came every 5 minutes or so. Why won't they stop asking? Well, I know. I'm next in line. And just like one of my Ate, they think I've no plans of getting married.
Well, almost right. Almost. Another thing they won't stop rubbing at me was the fact that I've been nowhere to be found the past year or so. Every time one of our pamangkins would drop by they'd go like, "You don't know blah-blahs daughter because you're always absent" or when something new comes up and it's apparent I've no clue about it they'd be like, "Hinde mo alam kase absent ka." I owe them I know. I owe my lola the most. Awwww...She was the first one I seeked out in the crowd and I held her the longest.
Until the next wedding then? Who knows, baka makahabol pa ako. Asa~
4 comments:
Tell us if you find your man and finalized the wedding date. We'll wait for your big scoop.
oh my...i doubt if any plans would appear soon. then again, let's all keep our fingers crossed.
nothing to worry.. you're still young! hope he'll come soon :)
i'm not sure about being young...but he'd come. he has to! haha~
Post a Comment