Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Untitled

People have often asked me why I worry too much. Kait would always ask why I'm always saying I've so many things to worry about when I'm single. My family's been asking me what's up with work that I can not even smile when I get home. Friends wonder how much responsibility I have that I can't seem to enjoy life.

Have you ever felt that burden that however much you try to shake it off, it just won't leave you simply because you're not carrying it on your back but inside you?

Do you know how hard it is to be torn between the responsibilities you want to assume and the dreams that you want to reach? I know, I've been standing in the middle for as long as I could remember. And in between the love you feel for yourself and the love that you feel for others I stand undecided.

Can I just walk out on them and tell everyone I give up? Will I be able to tell them that they're simply not part of my priority? Will I be able to stand as I turn my back completely on them?

Will I be able to convince myself that my time will eventually come? Should I continue to believe that I'll be young for as long as I need be and that opportunities would still be available in years to come? Can I actually make myself believe?

We all have our own troubles. I know that as a fact. I also understand that we all have our own crosses to carry. Again, I ask, how do you eventually put to rest a cross you carry not on your back but inside you? Will you ever find time to let it rest?

3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

here! here! and i don't only carry a cross... i am actually cricified!

Stiletto Hiker said...

maybe...then again, i hate bawling right before bedtime and ending up with puffy eyes all the way to work.

Manzkee said...

The best thing to overcome burdens in life is to face them with G-D in between and let them not defeat you.
(Sorry if sounds Religious!)

I was once in a situation where I had to chose my family and my ex. I'm glad I did the right things, with no regrets. "I choosed my Family."

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please