
I've long made a decision to hate someone not because I do but because that would make my life easier. I listened to what everyone told me and mirrored their own sentiments and made it my own. I masked what I really feel for I doubt if anyone would ever understand me. In the end, I created a monster who consumed me.
It's not an easy task to be able to look at yourself and say that you are as you are, because sometimes we can't help but be drawn and engulfed in the whirlwind of social constructs. Then we lose ourselves. We became, just like most of them, another lost soul walking around with an empty face.
Last night two angels came by my side. Two unlikely allies. One showed me the face behind the mask. While the other showed me it's alright to show mine.
Reality struck me at a very unlikely time and place. And I ended up hurt. Surprisingly, the pain was nothing compared to the relief that I felt. Here are two people who are worthy of my time, my efforts and my love. They may not believe me, but that's the honest truth.
I long came to the realization that life is about risks, that living is about being alive. I'd always tell people who are hesitant to "...jump off and feel the high. What's the point in living if you don't feel alive." Now I realized, I'm the one who's hesitant, and I was merely echoing my own sentiments. For all of the risks that one may take, the greatest would be to simply fall. And it doesn't matter how many times I've said it in the past, because then I have no idea what I'm falling for...Now I know exactly where I'd land if I do reach the ground. And if I don't, hopefully my other angel would be there to comfort me.
No comments:
Post a Comment