Friday, June 16, 2006

Faking It


She propped herself up on one elbow to look into his eyes. Everything shifted under her T-shirt, and suddenly he wasn't mad at all anymore. "I know it seems like I'm in control," she said to him, her voice earnest, "but it's a fake. I'm a big fake at everything. I was born to fake."

-"Faking It", Jennifer Crusie

And I feel the same. I'm a fake, at one point in my life at one instance, I just had to fake it.

A lot of things are unfolding right now. Options are being crammed onto my face. Possibilities are dancing right in front of me. And decisions are getting onto my nerves. I'm never good at making decisions. Most of the time I had to fake it. Look stern, talk firm, and believe what you're saying. Chances are, if you can convince yourself, everybody else around you would.

That's the main difference of faking it and pretending. When you pretend, you make yourself believe. When you fake it though, you make everyone else believe. Now, ain't that grand? So if I were you, I'd rather fake it.

Go on, fake it gurl!

Note: Hanne is just turning psycho. As a friend said, she's the "psycho card goddess." How Fake! Harhar~

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please