Monday, February 06, 2006

Tragic

Like everyone else, I've heard of the 70+ people who perished at Ultra. The moment I came home last Saturday, the first thing that I was asked was if I saw the bodies. Working in ABS-CBN building makes everyone thinks I work for them. I don't. I guess, my lola forgot that when she asked me. They we're all staring at the TV screen. I went through my usual morning deeds and as I finally sat with them over the dining table to have my breakfast I realized what the ruckus was all about.

I stopped listening the minute I realized the extent of the situation. I can't. I'd get depressed. The first thing that came into my head that moment I was trying to move the incident off of my head was that the death toll was extremely high. Could it be that i heard the news wrong? The country would be battered by hurricanes yearly yet, you'd hear that less would perish compared to the number I just heard. Then I saw the number flash onto the screen. Sad.

Until now I don't know the entire story. I never saw more than a minute of footage on TV and all i know I just heard from everyone around me. You can say I don't have the courage to face tragedies like these.

I'm not turning a blind eye. I just don't want people to see what's on my eye.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please