Sunday, September 25, 2005

Short Ode

For the first time in weeks I got to catch the news. I would usually see the teleseryes that my lola's watching every night before my shift. But tonight was different, it was the weekend news that I saw, and it broke my heart to see all the things I saw.

I wish for the time when everything was simple. A time when the news was something that was on TV for the boring adults to watch. When oil prices and hurricanes are something that we report in class for the SIbika at Kultura immersions. A time when I don't get frustrated with haughty politicians and when the peso exchange rate won't cause me any kind of alarm. What's happening to the world? To the country? To my Philippines? Why don't I want to know the real answer?

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please