My butterfly wings are back. I have on again and I can't keep myself from flying fleetingly from one lily bloom to the next. I saw that several of my peyups-mates were online last night, and so I invited them over to a conference. Lo and behold, we ended up having a semblance of a get together later this evening. Then, an old high school friend suddenly showed up after 5 years and is now on the roll inviting everyone out next weekend. Add the arki events that follows, some of my friends birthdays and yahoo, I'm back in business.
Don't think though that all I think about is when the next gimik would be. I don't. I don't need gimiks! I just wanna make sure that I keep in touch with old friends. Just like Gibet, who came by here the other day just to have coffee with me. It was not part of my weekly budget but I wanted to see him after years of not hearing anything from him. I also like to meet new people, friends of friends that I came in contact with for one reason or another. Like Bjorn whom I can't remember ever seeing around arki back when I was still studying but who swears he knows me and that he's always with my other guy friends. I wanna meet him personally finally. And Aian, who became the only person persistent enough to discuss the slow downfall of my almost relationship with Patrick. We've developed such a good bond that I wanted to finally see him face to face. It's not about the place, it's not about the drinks, it's not about the music, but the people I'm with and the friendships that results from it.
I just saw Louie a few minutes ago. He finally made true to his word that one day he'll treat me. Well, it was a downgraded version of what he promised me since he said he'll take me to dinner at Dencio's (when Dencio was still up!) but starbucks isn't that bad either. It amazes me that ourfriendship doesn't seem like any type of friendship I've cultivated before. Everything is so different. I can't say we're just acquaintance because, however impossible it might seem, we've had our fair share of heart to heart talks. Though it's kinda hard to say that we're friends really as most of the time we're just a set of bickering kids who can't seem to discuss anything relevant about anything remotely serious. But I still like him most of the time. Hahaha! He's my original little boy, even before BJ.
Back to my high school buddies. It's been a while since I last saw any of them. About a year since I last talked to any, and months since I held a conversation over text. I miss them so. But I'm a bit scared in meeting them again after so long. I still have a tinge of inferiority complex I guess. I've always been a bright kid at school, and a well liked classmate. But I was never the popular one. I'm the geek and the nerd that only the other geeks and the other nerds talk to. People knows me, but not because I'm pretty or rich or extraordinary, but because my name would be announced once in a while on stage over the speakers listing the achievements and the awards I've gained for the glory of our alma mater. I know I shouldn't think about that, then again, I'm still not that comfortable with my new skin so to speak. Most of the changes I've made were recent and I'm yet to be totally comfortable and confident that I can pull this off. I no longer look that geeky nor that ugly, but I still feel the same inside most of the time. Also, being the bright one, everyone expects I'll be an architect by now. Too bad, but I'm not even close to being one nor do I have any plans on getting myself back in the race.
Jane and I have been discussing my love life for the past hour or so. Funny, but she's all so giddy and excited with the prospect that I might finally find somoeone soon. Which as far as I know, won't be happening anytime soon. Oh well...she's still convinced I have a future with Patrick.
No comments:
Post a Comment