Sunday, July 10, 2005

Alone Time

My Sunday shift is my alone time. Most of the time, I'm by myself, sinking into my lonely oblivion. Sometimes my friends and reps would pass by and bring forth light for a few minutes. Other than that simple glimpse of company, I'm still alone.

I've a thousand different things to do. But I figured, if I'm going to attend Kyan's Christening tomorrow lunch then I'd better be up and about until then, meaning I've to make sure that I'm busy just so I won't fall asleep. So I'm keeping all the things that needs to be done aside and I'm trying to busy myself. Hmmm, I happened to pass by peyups and I found a lot of good threads there that made me think.

There was a thread there asking about being over analytical with regards to one's relationship. I just had to answer. Of course I am. Most of the guys I've dated/liked, even my guy friends would always point out the obvious, that I'm over analytical and critical of all my relationships. Point is, I can't change myself. I am fully aware of, but hey, we're all entitled to our own atrocious behavior after all.

Then I passed by this thread about the 5 rules that one will impose on one's kids. I didn't answer it as I can't seem to get my thoughts straight at that moment. I guess, since I had the time to think I can try again now...Well, rule number 1, be responsible. Whatever it is that you do and decide on will affect another person adversely. So be conscious of the repercussions if any and whatever would come out of it be sure to own up to it. Be responsible. Rule number 2, as long as you're under my care then you'd have to treat me with the respect that I deserve as your parent. Time will come that I'd need to relinquish my hold over you, we all know you're my children in passing only, but as long as I'm responsible for your well being then trust my decision and learn to accept if not respect that. Rule number 3, talk to me. Anything that would come up your mind, anything you'd wanna share, any opinion that you hold i will listen to attentively. I've always been an open minded person, I've been more than forgiving of my friends, of course I can be the same with my kids. Talk to me and tell me what you wanna say, I'm here to hear you out. Rule number 4, respect the people around you. If there's anything that I hold high it's my capability to respect every single person that I deal with the best way I can. As my children I''d expect the same thing from you. You'd never get anywhere, you won't find your place anywhere and you won't gain respect if you can't give any. This, if used accordingly, can build you bridges that would bring you closer to all the things you've ever dreamed of having. Rule number 5, finish your studies without a glitch, meaning no bad records under your name, no early marriage, no early pregnancy etc. After that, get a job and be gone. Hmmm...Guess those are the best rules that I can come up with for now.
Then there's another thread how can we save the Philippines from the Filipinos. How true?! I always believed that the people are the one responsible for whatever bad things are happening to the country. Yeah, I know part of it has to be blamed on the so-called leaders that we have. Then again, who gave them power again? I never wanted to cast a vote. Any vote at that. I don't think any single person can turn the state of the country around. And I don't think that'll happen anytime soon. So can we save the Philippines from the Filipinos? We can't, the country is technically under their mercy if you'd ask me. Just my opinion, no rash comments please.

I wonder why a lot of people wants to work at call centers. Even people with good enough jobs are changing career paths. Hey, if I was able to finish architecture, even when I've no plans of taking the board, I'd still be in the construction business, not in a call center, however sorry the pay may be. Which brings me to my primary concern, that some of my arki friends are getting paid half of my current salary, to think they're more deserving of the money I'm getting, after all they slaved under all the most pressing situations of college life while I was...errr....working? Even with my prof, a fullk pledge architect and college professor, my first paycheck 2 years ago is about the same one he's getting now. How sad?!

Hmm...Guess that'll be it for now.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please