I've always been a believer of the mystical. Not that I would think every single unexplainable thing is brought about by magical and unseen beings or that the world is being controlled by gods and goddesses. But I always felt that there is a power that transcends the physical and explainable plane.
I always believed in the unseen, the beings that governs the mortals and I've always believed in the concept of fate and destiny. That everything happens for a reason. That every people I meet, every act that I do, every decision that I make are meant to be from the start. I would often marvel at how serendipity works. I know I've noted here several times just how ordinary people came into my life and made very significant changes just for showing up. I call things like that my "happy accidents" (I also have an entry about that...).
There were times when I would forever think about the what ifs in my life. What if it passed by the bio lab on my way back to arki from math bldg instead of taking the closed road in between AS and the FC? Would I see someone I know there? What change would that make on the rest of my day? Would that chance encounter open a series of events that can make life wonderful or miserable for me or someone else? Now I come to the concept of the butterfly effect.
Once I was walking along the acad oval when a breeze passed by ruffling the acacia leaves. It was late November and the leaves are turnin yellow. The wind brought thousands of acacia leaves swirling down, surrounding me in a yellow blanket of almost visible breeze. Then it hit me, that same wind could've passed someone by a few minutes back, maybe someone from the pacific polynesia for example. And I started to wonder if that person was captivated by that same magic that particular breeze brought me that moment. See how profound my thought became, how small the world seemed, how intricate the human need to connect is just because I felt that breeze and it ruffled the acacia trees one November morning.
There are times I guess that even the most practical and analytical person (just like me) would feel the need to get in touch with the abstract and unseen rules that governs this world. There are forces that are unseen, beings that guides us and pursues us as we move along life, events and chances that are unavoidable and decisions that are bound to made without a second thought. And just when I thought I'm in charge of it all, I remember this...
No comments:
Post a Comment