Wednesday, February 16, 2005

When Men Cry

When men cry, they go to me.

Not that I'm asking them not to. Let's just say I don't know how to handle them. Several of my guy friends, cried their hearts out on me. Being the good friend that I am, I let them soak my shirt sleeves, or with my partner's case he soaked up my belly. I listen and try my best of understand the reason why they're suddenly so emotional the best way I can. It's really hard to understand them, believe me. In between sobs, all I could understand was...NOTHING!

As always, I think I was a pretty good friend to them all. Well, you can ask them directly if you don't wanna believe me. Sometimes, all they ever wanted was to let out a tear or two, to let their body be racked with sobs of pain, to have someone hold them and someone to listen. And all those I did. Perfectly. Then still...Why me? What's in me that makes people, especially men, comfortable. So comfortable that they would let me see them cry.

All I know is that I'm a very loyal friend and that I'll try my best to be of help to all of them. If you need me, just call me.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please