Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Being You and Being True

Being you and being true are two different things. I want to share a conversation I had several weeks ago.

H: quit work. can you deal with that?

P: HEHEHEHE! NO PROB....BUT I COULD NEVER QUIT. IT'S PART OF MY QUEST TOWARDS GREATNESS!!!

H: ahhh...the quest of a lifetime.

P: TRUE. BUT I HAVE HATE AND PAIN FESTERING INSIDE ME, FUELING MY FIRE TO MAKE THE WORLD SEE THAT I AM TO BE RECKONED WITH, A FORCE TO BE WARY OF, AND TO RESPECT, IF NOT FEAR!!!

H: my only thought right now...you'll have your time. just wait.

P: SERIOUSLY, WHATCHA THINK OF THE STATEMENT?

H: I think that is exactly you!

P: EXACTLY ME? YOU THINK SO?

H: yep. just the way i see you

P: THAT I'M FUELLED BY HATE, PAIN, AND RESENTMENT? THAT THOSE ARE THE REASONS WHY I TRY SO HARD?...MAYBE...BUT I DON'T KNOW...

H: you don't what?

P: IT'S LIKE NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY, PEOPLE NEVER SEE THE PERSON BEHIND THE ILLUSION...THE FACADE OF THE CRAZY SMILE AND NEAR-GENUINE LAUGH. BUT HEY, LIFE'S A SHOW...AND I'M IT'S GREATEST ACTOR.

H: don't you think that if you'd continue to be the charmer-actor you are the more people wouldn't see the real person behind that sweet smile?

P: MAYBE NOBODY REALLY TRIES HARD ENOUGH. MAYBE EVEN I DON'T SEE BEHIND THE SMOKE. MAYBE THERE ISN'T ANYTHING TO SEE.

H: i'm sure there's someone wonderful behind all the hoopla that the actor created.

All I can say right this very moment? I hope so...

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please