I've been in this company for more than a year now. Honestly, I never thought I'll stay here this long. I had several resignation letters ready a few months after I started, but I never got to submit any of them. I guess, more and more reasons came my way, making me stay longer and longer.
My first reason was that someone who used to be special asked me to stay. He had his opportunity and he wanted me with him. I guess, he wanted a strong moral supporter behind him. Someone who can sit right beside him, someone within the same office. And so for that reason, I stayed for another month.
The next month, I got transferred to another post. A post that made my life a lot easier. I figured, if I'm getting paid for doing nothing why not stay until my time is up. And so I satyed for another 4 months. After that I got transferred to another post, it's not as easy as my first one but it's still a blessing considering I can handle and manage my own time and that I can establish my own pace when working. Plus, I thought it would look nice in my resume if I was able to stay for atleast a year in this company. I gave myself until end of November and I told myself I'll leave the company then.
Here I am now, it's the start of December, the year is almost ending and I haven't printed any new version of my old resignation letters. I was hired for another post just recently, something that is much harder than my first 2 posts. I learned how it's like to dovetail all my activities, I have a better understanding of the word multi-tasking and experienced my first taste of having to work way beyond my shift. I don't take my breaks anymore, I haven't seen the pantry for 4 days, I haven't eaten a single meal while on shift and I haven't talked to old friends I've made here. And yes, I think I'm staying still. Not for any other reason, not for someone special, not for the easy job, not for the petiks, but because I want to prove to myself and everybody else that I'm the best person for the position. That I, more than anyone, deserves the title, and that I can conquer my own self. I admit, half of the time, I still want to leave the company, that's my biggest challenge right now.
Still, I'm staying.
No comments:
Post a Comment