Been staying for hours here at the office, either after of before shift just to finish my pending reports. The bad thing though is that they seem never ending. They are still piling up as I write. *sigh* Would I be able to keep my word that I'll stay on this job? I hope so, but of course, I can only do so much.
nnnnnnnnnnbbbnnnnnnnnnn
I got my 13th month pay yesterday. It felt good to have gotten that. Not because I feel that "maaga ang pasko" but because I know I'm worth something and that I can strive to be better at what I do to increase my value, so to speak. So, I hope that if ever I reach next year here, I would be able to double what I got now. Ha! Big deal, but I can surely try.
nnnnnnnnnnbbbnnnnnnnnnn
The other day the country was devastated by a strong storm. Half of the country was clamoring, the other half watched as everything was wiped away. Here in my small world, I came to work thinking that nothing bad would happen, after all I've been through countless storms. I remember a particular super bagyo "Osang" a few years back, I even went to UP that day the storm was supposed to hit Manila because of a Philo 1 exam that I can't miss and since there were no announcements, I commuted to UP only to be sent home again. That's no different to going to work I guess.
Then again, this time around I felt a heavy tug on my chest as the new typhoon passes. Every person around me was being called upon on by family, relatives, partners etc. Everyone has someone over the line at one point who reminds them to be careful or that they should head home now and forget about work. Some would get calls from family members several times in a hour. Others we're picked up here by worried family and boyfriends.
Sad to say, but my phone kept silent the whole time. Not a single beep. Well, it did let out a pathetic beep once just to announce that I can get news update by send something to this number. Nah! No need to know the news. I would rather have someone worry about me. Sad.
nnnnnnnnnnbbbnnnnnnnnnn
I've been doing OT work almost everyday. I just texted my friend who sells signature colognes to order one. I've always wanted to buy one but I can never seem to let go of my three thousand. That amount can do a lot for my family. But just this time, I realized that all my OT pay can cover the payment and so I ordered one bottle. I would like to reward myself for doing such a good job.
nnnnnnnnnnbbbnnnnnnnnnn
Speaking of doing a good job, that didn't came from me. That came from my boss. Yeah, my boss. Cause before I left yesterday I told him that I'll be handling today's mis-shift by myself and added that he should send me some luck. He said that I don't need it since I'm good.
I would like to think that it's a compliment. A very good one since I've been on this post for a week and I was able to prove to my boss that I'm good. Isn't that something to be proud of?
nnnnnnnnnnbbbnnnnnnnnnn
To the blogging community, let's make this world a more colorful place by giving a bit of our self. Let us surrender our minds to the power of words and pray that the right thoughts may reach the people in need of them.
To my friends who checks my blog once in a while, thanks for dropping by. I'm thankful that even if we don't usually see each other you're still interested to know what I've to say.
To my colleagues, I am honored and grateful that you all became part of my professional life. I know a lot of people still sneers when they hear about our job, don't feel bad. We all know how hard and demanding all these are. We all know that it's not a mindless job. We all know that we are included in the few who can do sales, marketing, customer service, troubleshooting, reporting and doing data processing all at once within six minutes. That is not an easy job and I'm sure they can't do what we've doing for the past year.
2 comments:
hey purple witch!
i totally agree with you! it has only been recently that i considered sharing my thoughts and it really felt great! we may not get paid by sharing those thoughts but who cares! our readers (aka tayo tayo rin) may enjoy reading them in one way or another anyhow!
God bless!
right kayan! thanks for stopping by! uy, goodluck with your job, napromote ka di ba?
Post a Comment