Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Goodbyes?

Goodbyes seems to be rampant in this cold December. Where there should be laughter, I found sobs of loneliness. Where there should be smiles, I found crying eyes. Where there should greetings, I found instead a very heartbreaking goodbye.
Half of the people I've worked with for the past year and a half was furloughed last night. The same people who stood by the company when things started to go down the drain months ago. They could leave, but they stayed, and now the company left them hanging.
One of our accounts would be closing within the next two weeks. Managers, trainers, team leads and QAs are being furloughed left and right. All they got was a days notice. That's it, they came to work hoping to deal with the everyday stress of work, only to go home with no concrete jobs. I pity them, because many have become my friends.
The saddest part was I was not here to even say goodbye.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please