I love reunions. I love to see old faces and reconnect what time almost erased. I knew I'm going to have a great time if I can only get my college friends together at one place. And so, for the first time in so many years I felt like celebrating my birthday. I made sure that I do overtime work the past 3 weeks so I'll have enough extra money to treat 'em out.
The annual Lantern Parade gave me the best venue to round my friends and herd them together. Too bad I can only come after. I was devastated that the leave I filed last month, just so that I can attend the parade and the after party, cannot be approved because I was recently promoted and must wait until i'm confirmed for the position. Too bad.
So I took it upon myself to ask everyone to join me afterwards. No one can resist a birthday girl, I think. Hahahaha!
After the meal was shared, the tables cleared and the check paid, all I can say is that it was all worth it. I don't care if I used up all my phone credits just to text people. I don't care even if I shell out some cash to feed us all (that was actually fun). And I don't care if I'm feeling tired and wasted the day after. It was all worth it.
The next day, I couldn't help but text a friend that for the first time, I woke up feeling happy and excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment