I've been Ate for as long as I can remember. Everyone calls me Ate. From home to school to work to p*yups. I'm Ate.
It's built-in, being Ate, that is. I know nothing but be one. I'm strict and I can give that "look" that would make you wanna confess. Heck, I can even give that look which made Pat say, "Don't look so motherly, I can't take it!" I also smother.
Once I was asked to be stationed at Makati. After that I ended up passing by Shaw to see my old team, I also went by Emerald to have dinner with Abel and Germs and I ended up having coffee at ABSCBN. It's tiring but I want to make sure I make time for my friends. Several times I've gotten messages/calls of distress from friends. From Pasa-load to picking them up from wherever hell-hole they found themselves in to asking for rent money because they used their budget to play Counterstrike.
I've held their hands. I've sat beside them in silence. They soaked my shirts with tears and they've given me cramps for lying their heads on my shoulders for hours. I've had senseless talks over coffee. I've had bottles of beer and passed out in the process just so they won't be alone. I've baby talked with them cos that's what they do. I've moved boxes and fixed their PCs just because no one else can do it for them.
I remember seeing my cousin a few weeks back at Eastwood. He was supposed to hand me my new Canon cam. He came with this distressed look in his eyes and told me sorry cos the person who was supposed to release my order didn't come to work and I went all the way there for nothing. There was some dirt on his glasses and I had the urge to wipe it. I held back and reminded myself that he's not a kid no more and though I'm still his Ate, a 22 year old, 6" tall guy can wipe his own glasses.
You could say I'm meant to be brooding. To ask too many questions. To hover around and all. I was built to be that way.
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Panic
It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up. Please
-
I saw someone post a question: Why are some girls willing to be just number 2s? And I said, BECAUSE IT'S THE CLOSEST THING TO BEING NUMB...
-
The sexiest part of every man is not found between his legs. I told myself I'm gonna date a man who's smarter than I am. That I wo...
-
As you can see I've got all types of tracking thingies on my blog. At least three of them just on this one blog and who knows how many o...
No comments:
Post a Comment