Monday, June 30, 2008

Hakuna Matata

I've had my fair share of in-betweens. That only happens in my personal life though. In my career it's always the extremes. I'm on a rage whenever it's about work. My friends would always tell me they can't seem to keep up with me. It's not a race. They just can't seem to figure out where I'm at and what I'm doing. By the time they do learn about the itsy bitsy details, I'm off to another job.

My friends, they like their comfort zones. They'd rant and rant about their careers not going anywhere. The moment a new opportunity comes up, they'd stop dead on their tracks and change their minds. They'd come up with 10,000 reasons why it's not a viable plan. Just now I had a very long talk with a friend. At the end of the conversation I heard the magic words, "I can't change."

You can guess how comments like that gets to me. I'm the "it" person when you want something done. I'm all in when it comes to new projects and implementations. I'm excited with new prospects. And I wither with ho-hum jobs and projects (giving me bullshit is not part of the exciting part).

So when I heard that word "can't" I told him off.

"You just lost your right to rant. Once you say you can't, you lose any kind of reason to rant. Hakuna Matata. No Worries. Why worry if your problem has a solution? You don't. You get up and you work your ass off with whatever solution you have. Why worry if your problem has no solution? You don't. You move on cause it won't matter whether you cry until you're dead because there's simply no solution."

With that he said, "Ang galeng mo talaga pards!"

There. I said my piece. And if that didn't rattle him to his reality then I can't do anything short of running him over with a 4x4.

And I'm giving myself the same treatment. So I've been ranting about not having anything to do at work and being bored to death nightly. Is there a solution? Yes. There. I found a proxy server. I dunno how long this would last. Point is, I stopped ranting for tonight and did what I had to do.

Now next on the list, how do I get my laptop. I don't care if it takes me ages. I'm gonna get what I want. Or just want something else.

Hakuna matata!

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please