Thursday, May 01, 2008

Blind Leading The Blind

Almost everyone who matters knows my stories about work already. After all, for the past 4 months, I go through hell every single night and I have to have my support group somehow.

For team about with about a 100 members I’ve been witnessed to one of the biggest attrition rate ever in the business. I thought that the WFM resignation that happened at NCO back 2006 was big enough (1 manager, 1 reports analyst, 2 schedulers and 1 analyst). This time though, for the first quarter alone I know of 1 director, 1 manager, 3 supervisors and 4 schedulers/analysts who had resigned. I’m not even aware if there are others from some of the smaller accounts.

There are 4 workforce managers as of this date. The most tenured one just tendered his resignation a few hours back. At 4mos tenure, I’m now most senior based in tenurity. It feels like I’m one blind person leading these 2 blind men into an intricate socio-political maze inside the company. We’re no longer busy about work. We’re just busy dodging the bullets and incurring shots.

The most recent addition to the team just joined us last Monday. Last night he asked for the ex-director’s IM ID. After a few minutes our old director sent me an IM. He said the new manager was asking him what’s wrong in the company and how best to manage it. Before he gave him his pang-Ms.-Universe answer he first told me on chat, “Hinde na ako emplayado. I DON’T WORK THERE ANYMORE HANNE!”

I told him, maybe they’re (the new ones) feeling the pressure now. Maybe they’re starting to see what’s wrong with the entire set-up and the company. Maybe finally I’m not alone in this reality that seems to have come out of a bad twilight zone episode. Maybe I’m not the only one who sees just how bad and rotten things are.

And maybe, just like J, it’s time for me to leave.

I need that call. Please.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please