Sunday, March 18, 2007

4 AM

I got home at 4AM.

After 2 months of planning we finally got to see each other again. The guys were there, Randell (of course with Agnes), Ryan and Mikey. I miss Janrey. And Sir Nonoy bailed out a few minutes before our "meeting time" and said he's got an emergency.

Dinner was at Napoli's (of course ako nasunod!). It was just me, Mikey and a late Ryan since Randell and Agnes said they're still finishing some plates and would eventually follow. We honestly thought they'd be a no show and decided on catching a movie after dinner. Two hours of non stop eating and kwentuhan we shuffled out of the resto when Randell and Agnes called up to say they're on their way. We waited for them and decided to just have our usual coffee after dinner rather than get a movie. After all, the point of meeting up regularly is to play catch up. Conversations are always hearty with coffee. Hahaha~

We went to ABSCBN since we figured it'll be harder to find a good parking spot at Morato and we all thought it'll be best to just head to the nearest coffee shop than to transfer again.

The baristas of course won't let me off the hook for leaving them. They miss me. Hahaha~ Well, I miss them too.

Once settled on our own comfy couches, we started to dissect Ryan relationship and his effort in breaking up with his current girl. Well, the talked suddenly got diverted to his new PS3 and how it's taking his time, and how jealous the gf seems to be. With guys though, that's not even a contest. PS3 wins. They could always get a new girl! Then I texted Glenn to tell him I'm downstairs with the Arki peeps. He joined us shortly and was at first lost with how we've been forever comparing the pros and cons of having a PS3 againts having a gf. Now, I'm not sure if Ryan could actually make the break-up a reality, but we sure enjoyed the time we spent at Starbucks!

The guys then decided to head to Randell's condo at Katips to check his LAN set-up which is not working properly. We drove to Katips and...well...I can't remember much because I fell asleep on the bed...

I woke up 2 hours later at around 4AM and no one's around. Agnes was asleep beside me, Randell's younger brother was on the bed beside us and Randell was on the cot on the floor snoring like hell. I decided to had off and left them asleep. I just a left a message that I went ahead.

When I texted Glenn and Penny and told them that I'm gonna head home, they both said to stay put and sleep it off. Too late, I was walking along Katipunan looking for a cab already. It was scary, I'd have to admit. I could've been mugged, raped or kidnapped and killed and no one would see me. I'm just way too hardheaded I guess.

Why do I do it? I was thinking about the answer to that the entire ride home.

Maybe because I want to prove the fact that I can take care of myself. Or that I can do whatever I want and no one can stop me. Or that I really can be alone and be alright.

Or maybe, I just like to cap off a nice evening with a little solitude. I love long rides at night.

***Note to Glenn: Sige na, payag ka na sa car, bilhin ko, 5 years to pay...sige na nga, 12 months to pay. I love long drives at night.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please