I saw Fidel at the HR office this morning when I passed by to submit the weekly LOA forms that I've filed. He's leaving and so is PA. I've already said goodbye to countless people, many became my friends. It's sad just how fast people come and go in our lives. And somehow, you just can't have them back.
In the three years I've spent here I've said goodbye at least a hundred times. It does not help that all the promises of keeping in touch were never drawn out of sand. I was willing but we never just got the chance.
The AT&T batch 2 people just celebrated their third year anniversary yesterday. I could remember myself being in that same mood last September. Three years in this company and what have I achieved? Maybe it's time for me to leave. I know it is. But I'm heading nowhere thus I decided to stay a bit longer. Three years and I've said goodbye to my AT&T batchmates, 2 former managers, an entire account, an OM, several QCs and Managers, hundreds of agents, three IT and a lot of friends.
When I said goodbye to Ryanne a few months back, I knew I'd be repeating myself in a short while. And when I said goodbye to my Paul, I knew I'd say that same line to someone in my team.
I wonder, when will I say goodbye and be the one who turns away?
No comments:
Post a Comment