Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Sense

A woman's intuition is never wrong.

Really?! Since when? What makes you so sure then?

One of my team mate at work started huffing and puffing the moment she found a "suspicious" forwarded text message on her hubby's phone sent by another girl from work. She wanted me to ask one of my other friends who's in the same department as his hubby and the "other" girl to lend me her phone so we could snoop and see if she got the same forwarded message. Their line of thinking goes like, if "other" girl just randomly forwarded a message to her hubby then she would've sent the same message to her other team mates and thus my friend should have a copy of that same message on her phone.

Hell no! One, I'm not gonna snoop around my friend's phone because I just don't. Two, I won't be used by another paranoid girl.

I asked her what made her think it was not just a forward and that it means nothing. She said, "they're not even close so why would she send him messages?" I then asked what made her think they're not close at which she replied, "I'm sure." And I just can't help myself from lashing the last line, "What made you so sure?"

At that she stopped. Only for a second. She then ranted that she's sure they're not close and since his hubby is just new in her team that they're not even friends. With that I said my parting words, "Yun naman pala e. Sure ka. So why are you bothered? Bakit ka react ng react."

That was it. End of conversation for the me.

I then realized that I'm very much aware of what she's going through. I've been there before. Anxiously waiting to pounce at the next girl who'd try to take hold of my man. Always spying on my partner's every move. Praning to the maximum level. Believe me, it was not healthy. In the end, I lost him to another girl still.

I finally learned my lesson and I was totally "secure" with myself when the next guy came. I was playing it cool. If he's busy, then he's busy. If someone calls him then let him get on with the conversation. If he's supposed to meet someone else, let him. Hmm, I was suspicious several times but I told myself, if he's cheating then let him continue because that way there's a bigger chance I'd catch him. Well, he WAS cheating and I DID catch him.

So maybe I haven't learned my lesson entirely. Point is, next time around, I know for a fact that being praning like my friend won't help and being too lenient would just be plain dumb.

Now why do I have a feeling I'd never be in another relationship after admitting that? Haha~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's never wrong! trust me.

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please