Tuesday, November 21, 2006

10,000 Frustrations


I can't hide the fact that frustration is slowly becoming an everyday trend in my life once more. With the lack of sleep, money, interest in anything and the general feeling of being stuck, I just can't help it.

Simply put, I'm not stimulated enough yet I am always out of breath and time. Life is moving way too fast and too slow both at the same moment and I can't help but feel confused. Confused because my head's miles away in the future while my feet are planted firmly on the present.

They say my problem is that I tend to think too much. What I don't understand is how that became a problem? If it results to anxiety and sleepless nights then is that such a big deal already? I've come to understand that we are thinking beings thus thinking is but part of our nature. And worrying about tomorrow is something inherent to everyone who has the foresight to plan anything.

I've had an hour and a half of sleep. It's 7pm and I'd be heading to work in a few. And I worry. I worry because I know that frustration would seep in the moment I step out of my house and that the fear of what's in store for me would get worse as I draw nearer. And no, this is not me "midlife-ing" as I thought I was. This is me finally accepting the fact that living life on the fast lane would only result to me missing out on the best things and that loving the momentary assurance of being on a standstill would make me lose sight of all the wonderful things awaiting me in life.

Einstein was such a genius for figuring out relativity. I couldn't have thought of it that way. Then again, everything is relative, so what's to discover?

3 comments:

Hermie said...

I hope you find something new to add color and adrenaline to let your 10,000 frustrations pass. I read a simple book in grade school written by Mario Puzo (author of the Godfather) about a boy who travelled across US states with his pony going to somewhere I can't remember. He had lots of colorful adventures along the way. Strange persons and places. On his way home he was on a plane. He didn't like it and he was more happy strolling for weeks with his pony. 99% of the book were stories of him and his pony. Only 1% was about the fast but boring plane ride.

Sorry ha, mahaba. Anyway, stop for a while (not your job I hope) and savor more of life. Think ahead but live a day at a time.

And (here comes the punchline) this happens to be my blog's name.
Please visit me sometime please.

http://1day-at-a-time.blogspot.com/

While you're there, please leave me a note on my sidebar chat box.
Haba ng advertisement ko 'no?
Sana gising ka pa.
God bless!

Swipe said...

Hi, I found your blog through your comment in Jim Paredes' blog. As an occasional insomniac, I can sorta relate to your blog's title. I hate having very little sleep - it feels like you are in a perpetual haze. It's a good thing that I'm not in my insomnia phase right now. I hope yours pass soon enough.

Stiletto Hiker said...

thanks for dropping!

hermie, i'm trying my best. i am. it's really hard not to be consumed by everything else around your life. and that's what's getting me, i feel i've lost control. but i'm working on it.

swipe, i used to have a really hard time esp back in high school. good thing call centers were invented in the country and now i'm not so stressed out by being an insomniac anymore.

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please