Hernan was right when he said we should have different sets of friends. There are some things that I can't discuss, even mention with some people, while it sould make perfect sense to tell all to some. Having different friends is almost like having different kinds addictions. One for each emotion, one for each situation, one for each person inside you.
And I was right when I said I have everything cleanly compartmentalized inside my head. It's a bit schizophrenic in nature really, but I doubt if my friends can actually crack the things that makes the entirety of this goddess within me. Really, it's a tough nut to crack all the way. For one, I know I could never discuss dating and sex with my college friends. Well, not all of them. There's Dylan who knows more about me that he'd care to share with our other friends, you're such a gentleman. And yes, I would never discuss my "mistakes" with men with some of my girlfriends for fear of having the daylight smacked out of me. Please, I don't want to hear the "I told you so" version of my girlfriends which sounds something like, "If I were you..." Yeah right, if you were me, then you won't be so dolled up in your little world won't you? So for that I have Hernan and Kait and Glenn. And whenever I want to rant about work then I have another set for that. The same people who works with me. Then there are girl problems that only Sister could get and understand, like how we're aware that we're being used and treated like a doormat but still we stick to that old worn out dude with dear life. No, we don't tell each other how stupid we are, we remind each other we're human.
And the list goes on. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm glad I've enough friends to fill my life. I don't need three friendster accounts to accomodate everyone. I just need the ones who are willing to stay in touch and who are willing to accept me with all the bad packaging and the worrisome clambering in compartmentalizing everything. I'm an obsessive-compulsive after all. Nah, just making excuses.
No comments:
Post a Comment