So my blog's public again. It's worth a shot. Unless someone pisses me off again. Really, people are welcome to leave comments and notes. Whether I know you or not. But please, please don't assume you know everything just because you get to read what I have to say. As I would always say, I've my heart on my sleeves but my mind is hidden someplace else. And no, you're not privy to that information.
Leave comments on the comments tag, not the tagboard. That way you could type all you want and I get to receive a copy of what you wrote in my mail. Great, I can read everything over and over again. I could even keep it in my inbox for years to come. Tempting huh?
Anyway, I just finished readin 2 books in a week's time. Last Saturday I bought 2 paperbacks. I got the Romanov Prophecy, which I finished off by Sunday night, and the Undomestic Goddess which I just put down now. I thought reading would lull me to sleep but I knew better. It just kept me reading for hours. Now I'm about to get ready to head out and I'm starting to fall all over the place. Ugh.
While I was finishing up the Kinsella book, I can't help but wonder about my friends. The married ones. And I can't help but wonder about me. More than anyone else, I try to figure out what I'm meant to be.
I know for a fact that I'm not meant to be an architect. I'm not sure if I'm cut for the job that I have when I've no background with Statistics and Management which, unfortunately, is the focus of my job. I'm not sure if I'm really meant to be a housewife as I've always dreamed of since I have all this great ideas of climbing the corporate ladder, or whatever ladder is available in my area of expertise (do I even have one?).
I'm in no position to assume that I know better than everyone else. But I can't also claim that I know nothing. I simply want to know what I'm supposed to be doing with my life. When I see women who have families, those who lead domestic lives, I envy them. I envy the simplicity and fluidity of everyday life. But when I see women who are on top of their careers and are leading tens and thousands of men, I can't help but look up to them and wish I have the same capabilities.
Life is too short to waste over the things that don't count. Problem is, I don't know what counts and what does not.
Maybe what I need is a balance. A little of both. Something that I can't have at the moment. Sad.
Maybe what I need is a balance. A little of both. Something that I can't have at the moment. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment