"May pasok ka?"
I hate it whenever my lola asks me that. Isn't it apparent that I do? I won't drag myself off of my bed in the middle of the night if not for work. How many times do I need to tell them that I have work 5 days a week regardless of the date, the calamity, the national issues, economic crisis, personal crisis or whatever other controversial reason one may think of.
I've been working for the same industry for almost 4 years, I've been working for the same company for 3 years, I've been through hundreds of storms, dozens of floods, several earthquakes, countless massive traffic jams, several coup attempts, death in the family and 2 horrible break-ups. I was at Ayala when the Oakwood mutineers started their summons late at night, I was here at ABS-CBN when the country was rocked by a 5.0 earthquake way back 2004, I was working through the last few coup attempts last February and yes, I am still working tonight.
Maybe I'm just frustrated. Maybe I'm just tired. Maybe just like everyone else I'm just pissed off because of the underlying pain I have to go through after such a powerful storm. Tell me, I woke up this afternoon drenched to the bones despite all our windows being closed. I have ti change my sheets at 3 in the afternoon while trying not to fall asleep in the process. I woke up at 8 in the evening with my tummy crying with pain (I forgot to eat lunch and breakfast when I got home) and had to take 2 tums and about 2 glasses of hot water to relieve myself. I had to take my bath with a flickering flame, dress up and all inside the confines of the bathroom since we don't have any lights upstairs (we have limited candle power). I had to wait in complete darkness for a cab since even the main road is totally pitch black. On my way to work the cab driver ran himself right smack the middle of a fallen MMDA pole/wire mesh and had to swerve like crazy to avoid the bus on our other side.
By the time I got here I was almost in tears. Almost. Now am laughing. Weird noh? Ugh, tell me.
No comments:
Post a Comment