
Just like in the movies, how nice would it be to one everyday? I start my day early, flinging myself off of the bed, wanting so much to wake up and realize that the life that I've been living is but a dream and sleep is my real reality. Routine day would start with a few morning rants to myself like, "I'm gonna be happy today" or "I can do this, I can do this."
Then I'd head downstairs to look for something to eat, heat my bath water and brush my teeth after. I'd head back up to my room to pick out my clothes and I get ready to take my bath so I can then dress. After that I'd contemplate if I have enough time to put on my make-up, which isn't much really, or if I'm feeling lazy and downright ugly so it'll be no use putting anything on since the smug expression wuold be enough to finish off my look for the day.
After that, i'd head out and make sure that I look like I'm in a hurry. In fact, I'm not one bit excited to head to work. Work after all is work. If I like it then it's no longer called work, it'll be a miracle. Once there I'd run through my emails, pretending to read 'em when in reality I'm just trying to convince myself that another cup of really expensive coffee is out of my budget. After all the emails, I'd realize that I deserve something nice for all the things that I've to go through for the rest of the night.
Everything becomes hazy from then on. The coffee based frap beside, a pad of post-its on my table, ballpens, calendar and my pc. That's all I see and recognize for the next 8 hours or so. Sometimes I go out of my reverie whenever a friend comes by to say hello or if my tummy is growling already out of sheer hunger. Then I head down or I have nice small chats.
Sometimes I render overtime. Sometimes I don't. I love it whenever I don't. Some days i head to gym to sweat it out, some days I head to the mall to shop around. There are days when I need to meet up with friends at other times I had to attend my classes. Some days I have to head out with friends, other times I have to meet up with family. And sometimes, when life is good, I get to sleep and rest.
I sleep at crazy hours, I work with crazy shifts, I changed job descriptions every day and I go through ten thousand moods every hour. I have a full-time job, a class to attend to, friends from all over the place, a thousand bills to pay, a dozen things that I wanna do and so little time. And you know what? I'm bored and I want more.
One day I want to head home to my place. A place which is mine and which I run by myself. I want to head home to a family, a husband and kids who needs my attention. I want to prepare dinner and I want to wake up earlier than usual the next day to prepare for their breakfast. I want to spend weekends running around everyone, making sure everything they need is ready at their very whim. I want to work overtime because I need more money to spend on them. I want to see my friends more so I could tell them just how wonderfully blessed I am. I want to attend PTA meetings, doctor's appointment, dental checkups and corporate dinners. I want to be absolutely crazy and tired.
And then I'd head home, to my place that I run by myself...then I'd hug the people who I love and thank God for giving me another fine day. I know that's not easy. Then again, i'd rather be tired and crazy for a reason than be tired and crazy because I can't find no other reason not to be.
Then I'd head downstairs to look for something to eat, heat my bath water and brush my teeth after. I'd head back up to my room to pick out my clothes and I get ready to take my bath so I can then dress. After that I'd contemplate if I have enough time to put on my make-up, which isn't much really, or if I'm feeling lazy and downright ugly so it'll be no use putting anything on since the smug expression wuold be enough to finish off my look for the day.
After that, i'd head out and make sure that I look like I'm in a hurry. In fact, I'm not one bit excited to head to work. Work after all is work. If I like it then it's no longer called work, it'll be a miracle. Once there I'd run through my emails, pretending to read 'em when in reality I'm just trying to convince myself that another cup of really expensive coffee is out of my budget. After all the emails, I'd realize that I deserve something nice for all the things that I've to go through for the rest of the night.
Everything becomes hazy from then on. The coffee based frap beside, a pad of post-its on my table, ballpens, calendar and my pc. That's all I see and recognize for the next 8 hours or so. Sometimes I go out of my reverie whenever a friend comes by to say hello or if my tummy is growling already out of sheer hunger. Then I head down or I have nice small chats.
Sometimes I render overtime. Sometimes I don't. I love it whenever I don't. Some days i head to gym to sweat it out, some days I head to the mall to shop around. There are days when I need to meet up with friends at other times I had to attend my classes. Some days I have to head out with friends, other times I have to meet up with family. And sometimes, when life is good, I get to sleep and rest.
I sleep at crazy hours, I work with crazy shifts, I changed job descriptions every day and I go through ten thousand moods every hour. I have a full-time job, a class to attend to, friends from all over the place, a thousand bills to pay, a dozen things that I wanna do and so little time. And you know what? I'm bored and I want more.
One day I want to head home to my place. A place which is mine and which I run by myself. I want to head home to a family, a husband and kids who needs my attention. I want to prepare dinner and I want to wake up earlier than usual the next day to prepare for their breakfast. I want to spend weekends running around everyone, making sure everything they need is ready at their very whim. I want to work overtime because I need more money to spend on them. I want to see my friends more so I could tell them just how wonderfully blessed I am. I want to attend PTA meetings, doctor's appointment, dental checkups and corporate dinners. I want to be absolutely crazy and tired.
And then I'd head home, to my place that I run by myself...then I'd hug the people who I love and thank God for giving me another fine day. I know that's not easy. Then again, i'd rather be tired and crazy for a reason than be tired and crazy because I can't find no other reason not to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment