Sunday, August 13, 2006

Daily Dose

I'm an addict. I'm addicted to a lot of things and I can get easily addicted to anything. I have to have my daily dose or my day would just be so incomplete. So incomplete in fact that I'd get all moody and snotty.

Everyone at work knows I gotta have my coffee. Anything induced with caffeine is needed on a daily basis. Even at home, I can't usually pass a meal without having a cup of coffee beside me. It's just part of my daily staples. I know it's not good, too much caffeine could kill you. Aside from the horrible fact that stains my teeth really bad. Sheesh! I have a smoker's teeth.

My addiction, unfortunately, does not stop there. I've this thing about accessories and shoes. It's like every month I have to purchase something that I'd add up to my growing collection. May it be a new pair of stilettos, a new ser of flip flops, earrings, belts, bags etc. Other than that I also need a regular addition to my kikay kits, new eye shadow, new moisturizer, new hand cream etc. The beauty industry can rely on me anytime. Not that I buy the expensive ones, given that I don't really use them that much, but then I like playing and dressing up...Well, I'm a girl after all, even though i'm one of the guys.

Then there's my addiction to pampering myself. Once a month a have to visit the salon and the facial center that I frequent. Drill is usually this...first payday of the month I go to the salon either to have a cut or have my hair treated (treated meaning, colored, highlighted, protein treatments or hair spa treatments. and then second payday of the month I head to my facial care center and get my usual facials, masks, peels (if needed), foot spa and pedicure. I don't really need them if you'd ask me. Heck, a lot of people would tell me I don't need all those things on my face and hair as everything's just fine. I just have this thing about having a "me time" once in a while. When It's just me and I make sure I'm having a good time. Just the peace and quiet and humdrum of the hairdryer. Add to the fact that every after session I feel like a different person. Someone pretty and nice. Haha~

Last Friday, I had my regular facial, glycolic peel, footspa and pedicure. I coughed out enough money that equivalent to a week's worth of cab fare. Ouch. Now I just had my hair cut. Cesar, my stylist at Fic, convinced me to have my hair highlighted again. I promised him I'd be back soon and that I can't just do it today since I've to leave soon. I'm gonna be ninang. Another inaanak. When would my friends stop getting pregnant. Haha. But I love those kids to bits. If it's possible, I'd say I love my friend's kids more than them. Err, I really can't explain it.

Hmm, what's next? I jave no idea. Next week is gimik week for me. That should keep me busy for the coming weekend, then I'd have my next set of pampering next payday.

And BTW, I promised Hernan that starting tomorrow I'm not gonna buy anything from Starbucks until the end of the week. Can I do it? I'd keep you posted. I'm sure I'd write it here if I fail. Heehee~

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please