
I sometimes ask myself why we, that includes you and that includes me, love to play pretend. We pretend that everything's good when we feel like shit and sometimes we pretend that things are too much for us to handle when it's not. I remember writing something about a year ago, at a time when I was more than willing to play pretend as long as I can get what I want. And I wanted it more than anything.
Maybe that's the reason why we like to make pretend. Maybe that's why we hide behind our masks. Maybe that's the reason why we choose to either ignore the obvious or magnify the untrue...Because we want something so badly we'd rather play pretend than accept the fact that we can't have it. At all.
***Kung tinatamaan ka or napapaisip ka, isipin mo nalang, baka nga para sa'yo 'to.
***
Let's play pretend, just for tonight, let me be the one you call yours in that world where you can rule and be you. Let's play pretend, just for tonight, hold me tight and let's conquer this world and be the rulers of our destiny. Let's pray pretend, maybe after the game you will see that I am real and that I've always been yours. Yes, I made up this game, just so that for one night I can call you mine in a world where I can rule and just be me in it's bare entirety.
***Kung tinatamaan ka or napapaisip ka, isipin mo nalang, baka nga para sa'yo 'to.
***
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Let's Play Pretend
Let's play pretend, you and I. Come hold my hand and let me take you to a world I can create for you. Come, let's play pretend just for one night, let me hold your hand so I can show you a world of my own wishful creation.
In there you can forget about every worry you have. I would make sure that only good things would come your way. In there you would truly be the ruler you've always wanted to be. Remember when you once told me that you're here to rule the world? Yes, I'll make this world your world, a place where you can reign and conquer. Didn't you tell me you want that? I'll make it happen. Come let's play pretend.
In there you can be you. Just you, no need to impress anyone, no need to hide behind your masks and no need to play the lead so convincingly that the actor becomes you. In there you can let your guards down because I'm there to adore and worship every single wonderful thing about you. Remember when you told me you just want to be you? Yes, I'll make this world a private world, a place where you can be you in it's bare entirety. Didn't you tell me you want that? I'll make it happen. Come let's play pretend.
In there you can finally have that someone you've always dreamt of. That person who'll accept and love you for all you are. In there you can live the life you've always wanted, where you'll always have someone to go home to, someone to hold and someone to talk to. Remember you told me you just want someone you can call your own? Yes, I'll make a world where you can find the one you love in your arms everyday, a person you can call yours. Didn't you tell me you want that? I'll make it happen. Come let's play pretend.
Let's play pretend, just for tonight, let me be the one you call yours in that world where you can rule and be you. Let's play pretend, just for tonight, hold me tight and let's conquer this world and be the rulers of our destiny. Let's pray pretend, maybe after the game you will see that I am real and that I've always been yours. Yes, I made up this game, just so that for one night I can call you mine in a world where I can rule and just be me in it's bare entirety.
No comments:
Post a Comment