
I walked up to the front door lobby. It's almost morning, I'd be home soon then I'd see him. It's our first year after all. How cheesy, I don't think I'm at an age when anniversaries should be celebrated in relationships anymore. Too high school. But that's what it is, worth celebrating.
Wearing my sweats and jeans I went straight to the steps. I gotta head home soon, I need to sleep. Then I'd have to get ready early for dinner that night.
Then I saw it, " What's Tasha doin' here?"
His car was parked in front of the driveway. I slowly approached it, trying to see if he's inside the car. A few steps down, he opened the window on the passenger's side.
His car was parked in front of the driveway. I slowly approached it, trying to see if he's inside the car. A few steps down, he opened the window on the passenger's side.
"Hurry up Babe, we're having breakfast." He shouted.
I went straight for the passenger seat and kissed him as I fumbled with the door's lock. "Why are you here? You've got work." I asked.
"No I don't. I'm on leave and you're spending this day with me." He said.
"Happy anniversary. Haha, that sounded cheesy noh?" I laughed.
He gave me a sideway glance and smiled. Ahh, heaven!
"What's the plan today then?" I asked, not able to stand the excitement.
"We're having breakfast. Then we'll wait for the mall to open then we're headin off somewhere." He patienly explained.
"Mall? For what? Somewhere? Where exactly is somewhere?" I probed still. I might've come from my shift and I may be darn sleepy but he's not gonna get off the hook that easily.
"You've nothing with you, we're buyng things. You need a lot of things okay?"
"Like what?" I asked still.
"Like a change of clothes and toiletries." Then he gave me his you'd-know-in-a while-but-let-me-drive-first look.
Hmmm...a surprise.
No comments:
Post a Comment