
I think I just did the most surprising and also the best decision I've ever made since heaven knows when...I'm going back to school.
Well, I'm not yet officially enrolled. I've to work on that tomorrow. What was a routine day for me became a rollercoaster ride. I was supposed to go there with Ryan so we can process our "honorable dismissal" papers. Think about what I want and then probably end up enrolling at PSID. After UP I was supposed to head home, take a nap, get ready for my interview, head to Mall of Asia for the interview and then go to work after.
Guess what? The fates have other plans. They took us by surprise as the OUR personnel told us that even if we went AWOL already, we are still eligible for readmittance. That got us thinking. If we want to study again and still get a degree, then maybe we should stick with UP. After all, nothing precedes UP.
We ended up having lunch with Sir Ozaeta and Sir Mata at Chocolate Kiss. There they dissected our status and our options. I being able to apply for LOA is still eligible to enroll but must think of MRR. Given my love-hate (more of hate really) relationship with Math, they said it's not a wise thing to continue arki. Well, I don't think it's a good idea as well. That's why for the longest time I've been thinking of shifting to art studies or creative writing. Ryan on the other hand is pressed for his MRR status. Given though that he's only a few subjects behind arki, it would be best for him to stick it out with the college.
I still need to go back tomorrow. I don't have a single subject. I was asked to enroll at least 12 units. I doubt though if I'd be able to accomplish that. Chances are I'd have to be content with 1 or 2. I dunno also if I'd be able to support myself AND my sibs through all these. I after all am the only person with a viable source of income in this family.
All my plans of transferring to a higher paying job somewhere are now slowly being washed off by this new development. I can't seem to imagine working a 9-hour shift at Pasay or Makati and having to go to UP for classes and then headin home to Caloocan. I'm getting stressed just thinking about it. But then, maybe this is exactly what I need. Everything happens for a reason. I just gotta find the right reason. Heehee~
No comments:
Post a Comment