Leni got me thinking...Y'see, I've an on-going list of what I want in a man, but I realize I've never really thought of what I DON'T want in my guy. I mean, good is defined by evil and evil is defined by the good. So here goes.
1. I don't want someone who can't make his own decisions. I know that once in a relationship, you tend to think as partners, but that doesn't mean that you can't make your own decisions and stand up for it. If every single time we'd see each ther, i'd be in charge of deciding everything, from where we'd go to what we'd eat to what we'd do, well just forget it. I did not get into a relationship to run someone else's life. My partner, as an entire person separate from me, should have wants and needs and ideas that needs to be nourished one way or the other. If you can't tell me you want sushi today then when will you ever get your sushi? Never? Ugh!
2. I don't want someone who's not goal-oriented. If you want to stay floating and "just cool" it out then don't go out with me. You gotta have a goal in mind and I gotta see you kicking ass to get there. If not, that just translates to being a loser in my book. Heck, if we stay together you'd be eating my dust all along the way. Now, what good would that to me?
3. I don't want someone who's a free-rider. Heck, I know I've been telling everyone I want to marry someone rich. I do. Who wouldn't? But if EVER I do get someone who's got his family's money to make sure he's all pampered, I still want him to have something of his own. I alwaus believed that you are what you make yourself. Free things are great, i gotta admit, but imagine a piece of gold ore - unpolished, rugged, shapeless. If someone endows it with a diamond and places it on top of it, it still means nothing. A shapeless gold ore with a diamond on top. Nothing. But mold the gold ore and fashion it into a setting, a setting fir to hold the diamond and you got yourself a ring. Now you're worthy to HOLD the diamond.
Hmmm, parang walang sense. Haha~ Next time na nga lang.
No comments:
Post a Comment