Friday, February 24, 2006

Predetermined Week

My entire week as a scheduler have been pre-determined by a series of reports and tasks that need to be done with almost clockwork precision. Well, not really, but still...

I start my week of on a Monday night. Once I get in at 10PM i have to start making the 3 reports that's needed by the big bosses by midnight. I start of with the Attrition Report of the entire account where I have to check all the SFC mails sent by the Managers within the past 7 days. Counter check that with the Headcount Database (HCDB) and the Attrition Tab againts the total headcount. This is quite easy really. I just need 2 Excel files and the email to work on this. Next is the Absenteeism Report, wherein I need to check the DTR done by our payroll specialist and countercheck the number of agents from the HCDB and Blue Pumpkin againts the number of agents on Leave, E-time/E-out and who are absent. Included here are the adjustments for all OTs, E-time/E-out and other movements affecting staffed hours. I need 2 separate reports for this, one is the unadjusted, this will be the Excel Sheet that I need to attached to the email and the adjusted report which is pasted on the email body, it's like a summary really. Last and Third report that I need to send out by midnight is the Headcount report. This is easy. Can do it on less than 10 minutes. Since the HCDB has been updated, I just need to take all the agents there, paste it on another sheet and ue the Pivot table to get the max headcount per queue and per media. Easy!

After that, I start organize all the things that I'll need for the following days. I segregate all the Leave forms (per medium, then per queue then according to the date passed). I clear out the templates that I'll use for the schedules, I ready the next week's schedule on Blue Pumpkin and I clean out the HCDB for any other new SFC notices.

Tuesday, one I get in I check for an email from the Workforce/Staffing Manager of our head office. She sends out the call volume, AHT and trending for the week following the one that we are currently working on (two weeks from that date). I'd enter everything on Blue Pumpkin, run it once to get the schedules in and then enter all Special Schedules. These are specially requestes schedules like adjustments because of school or because of health issues. Once done, I'd run Blue Pumpkin for the second time. After which I'd export all the reports, per media, per queue. I'd consolidate all reports exported on the Excel sheets for the staffing models. This has to be done and emailed before 2AM, I've half my day to finish everything since by 3AM the staffing model that I sent would be discussed in the weekly conference calls we do with the GM.

Wednesday is dedicated to the Schedules. LOA and Swap requests, all movements should be done at this time. Movcements would include changes in teh Working Pattern (WP), Rest days (RD) or the Team Manager Assignemtns of the agents. The rosters are usually sent to the TMs, HR and Quezon Reporting Team. And basically just answering and accomodating several requests and pahabol from the operations. Also all events should be entered in Bklue Pumpkin by the end of this day. Events includes Leaves and Media Support (whether they be on Chat, Phone or Email medium) for any given day.

Thursday is due date. By the end of the day the schedule should be released to production with complete information regarding approved and denied leaves, approved and denied swaps, updated roster and training scehdules if any. Everything is first updated, then the schedules are exported from Blue Pumpkin and is formatted againts the Excel sheet and is linked to all the other databases that we keep.

Friday, Ive several reports still, like the max Seating, the Meal headcount and the Aircon Headcount. Basically the entire day is just for fixing all the mess that I created the entire week. Yes, Friday is clean-up day. Hopefully eveyrthing would be resolved within the 9-hour shift to rpevent any further disputes come Monday. Byt then, everything would just be too late. Also every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month I make sure that I make a new DTR tempalte for the Payrool specialist to work with. This is based on the updated (hopefully updated that is) information on the HCDB.

And that is my week. The things I described here are the pre-determined things that I need to finish and work on. It does not, in any way include the extras. Extras include plotting the leave opening for the next few weeks based on previous trands and forecast, which by the way is due tomorrow (Friday). ANd the TM-Agent movement that I did yesterday just in time to make habol for the release of the schedules today. Tight!
I love my work. Harhar!

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please