Sometimes I find myself staring outside my office window. I'd stare at the blinking lights along the adjacent streets, I'd even sometime catch some commotion inside the Big Brother House or shadows beyond the windows of Camelot. But oftentimes I see nothing. Just lights blinking in front of my eyes. Blink-a-blink-blink. Like a song with too sad a melody casting no distinctive shadows but nevertheless causing me so much melancholy.I was chatting with a colleague just before sunrise. I took my usual break just straing outside the window beside, that was all I needed. I told him of how I used to love Christmas. I told him just how wonderful I'd feel every single time I hear Stevie Wonder singing "...you are the sunshine of my life...you are the apple of my eyes..." Brings me back to a time when everything was simple and perfect. Wonderful memories.
I'm gonna have dinner tonight with the guys again. I'm excited. I know the time I'd spend with them, however short , would actually make me feel better. Laughter, after all, is still the best emdicine.
I'm having a doldrum of a time again. The past few days was always peppered with tears. Hormones? Maybe. Stress? A probability. Frustration? An almost certainty.
One last time let me say goodbye
One last moment let me kiss you deeply
Hold this hand and let's walk around a bit
Whisper me your sad, sad goodbye
One last time let me see through your eyes
One last moment let me caress you slowly
Grasp this image of almost perfection
Push the time farther back into the future
One last time let me say goodbye
One last time let me hold you
One last time let me be yours
One last time, one last moment
Yes, let this be the last.
No comments:
Post a Comment