Monday, March 21, 2005

Greeting Summer

I was a bit worried when the weekend started. If you would read my previous posts, you'll see that I've been upset lately. And Friday night was no different at all. I was tired and was more than ready to throw the towels away. My gimik with Rose and Darlynn didn't push through because Rose had to cancel. AYnaku Rosario?! Good thing my Huggy was more than willing to meet up with me. Actually, naisip ko gusto lang maki-chika nun because Gil-bear told him Hanne was a bad bear last Thursday.

Still meeting up with Huggy and having someone to talk to makes a whole lot of difference. We stayed at Starbucks until around 4 AM, talking about anything. Well, mostly about love and relationship. We decided it's high time that we give US a chance. Heehee! Huggy, pag ito hindi pa effective ewan ko nalang...We had breakfast at Chowking and he brought me home aroubd 6 AM after I decided I'll go with the second batch of beach "trippers".
I slept fitfully. Woke up around 2 PM and checked everything in my packed bag. I watch a few side shows on TV. Randell texted me later to tell me that they moved the meeting time to 7 PM. I called up the RTAs on duty and told them I'll be passing by since I don't want to wait that long at home when I've been ready to leave for hours.

Just waited under the drizzle for Pao and BJ. We chatted and kept quiet most of the time. I would like to think we reached a certain level of friendship where we can all be comfortably silent. Then, I received a text from Randell and had to run my butt out of ABS-CBN after buying a few supplies from MIniStop.

The MRT ride was okay. I mean, what else can I say about an MRT ride aside from that there are a lot of commuters and that I was lucky because I got to sit? Then when we got to Taft, Randell, Agnes, Ariel, Macel and I found ourselves deserted. No more ride going to Calatagan. We transferred to Buendia in hope that we can find a ride there. No more ride going to Calatagan. Just when we thought we'll be heading back to UP, a barker offered to look for an FX taxi who can bring us to Matuod Beach on a special trip. Yeah, the special trip ripped us off but that was the only way we'll get there that night, unless we're willing to wait til 4 AM in the bus station. No way!

The rest of the trip was a blur. I was asleep the first half. The next half I was just so worried that my bladder would burst and/or that we're already lost in the middle of Batangas in the middle of the night.

I really can't explain the things that followed. It was fun having to spend time away from the metro. It was fun being with friends and being able to play catch up with the latest stories. It was fun playing around in the water. It was fun watching the stars in the middle of the beach. It was simply fun. There are the usual riffs but then again, that's part of any barkada trip.

Next trip...Galera! Game ako!!!

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please