As expected #1, Randell's reply to my text early this evening was late. 10 minutes after boarding the cab, just as my bottom was getting nice and comfy on its seat I received a message saying he'll pick me up at the office. Too bad though, I'm on my way home. As expected #2, Patrick is sound asleep. Talk about being sleep deprived. All he did the whole day was sleep and he's still sleeping now? He told me to call him up again and to wake him up after 10 minutes. That 10 minutes started about the same time I text Randell a few hours ago. Let him sleep, he needs it. As expected #3, I'm still hungry even when I ate a bagful of food in the office before I went home. Partner, I need a good plan now, I have to lose all these weight?!
Now, as I've predicted, I'll be working on yet another entry since my computer decided to work well while connected to the net.
My Aunt, she's my mom's cousin. and her husband will renew their wedding vows next weekend. Of course we're invited. My mom wants me to represent the family. I'm having second thoughts. Hey, I really like family gatherings. I really do. I love reunions as I've noted last December but I know some unwanted "family" will be there. Honestly, I'm no longer mad at them, I just don't want to see them. That particular episode of my life I've long considered closed. I don't want to open yet another chapter when we all know that respect and trust has been long gone. No one can start anew without them. And I know, we can't be "family" again. Not anytime soon. I have to admit though, just like everyone else who is now out of my restricted reach, that I miss the times when we were still all together.
Following that line of thought, I invited my cousins to go out today. I would've loved to treat 'em out. Just like the old days when all of us would march around the mall, trying to enjoy every single moment we're all together. I was hoping we can do it again as adults. Too bad they're too wrapped up with their studies. As always, my take on that is that there's always enough time for everything. Make time work for you not the other way around. But hey, they're old enough now to namange their time any way they want. I still feel bad though.
My mom just took a peek at me. She likes doing that. My sister and I would forever tell her that we're all grown now and that she doesn't need to check on us every single night. I guess, all parents are like that. Still...Sometimes you don't want any prying eyes or ears suddenly popping up behind your closed doors, well, I thought it was closed.
I think I have to stop for now. The internet connection is getting crappy already. When will I have the DSL connection I've been dreaming of? Not soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment