Saturday, January 15, 2005

Commit-o-phobia?

I was chatting with Darvin about relationships and what we want to get from our respective prospects. I guess both of us feels the same way about commitment. Both afraid. Both trying to steer away from any type of commitment.

I told him, maybe that's my excuse for having a floating relationship, and why I'm not asking my guy to commit. Mainly because I'm happy with what I have. I get the occassional perks without having to tie myself to anyone in particular. Though I still get affected by little things, like canceled dates and missing the person badly, I don't have to worry though of being emotionally attached and committed.

I know the hesitation that people feels when they hear about my situation. A psuedo-relationship is the one of the most complex type of relationship. I know it now, first hand. There are no clear lines, no rules, no exceptions. Actually, everything seems to be a grand exception. But I'm liking it for now. I'll go for the commitment factor when I'm ready, for now a pseudo-boyfriend and a psuedo-relationship works just fine. I think my guy agrees as well.

No comments:

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please