Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Date

So after several delays, I finally went on a date with a very papa-ble specimen of mankind. He was undeniably late, as in hours late, but I waited since I promised my friend that I'll accompany him for the night. So when he finally came, I was ready to sleep.

But the sight of him rocked me. I mean, I haven't seen him for a year and a half. I used to think he was cute, now I think he's way too sexy. I dunno what happened, maybe I just changed. Maybe he changed.
One thing I liked about him is that he can talk. I mean talk non-stop but always with sense. He know how to express himself. He's very articulate. Better than me. I couldn't believe my ears! Another great thing about him is that he remembers everything. All our conversations before, he remembers. Like he still knows what I hate most about guys, my favorite perfume for guys, what I'm looking for in a guy...OK, so he admitted he liked me way back then and he was trying to wiggle all information that he can use later out of me. That was flattering.

And so we talked, over coffee, we talked inside the car, we talked while parked outside of his lolo's house, and we talked inside his lolo's house (because they invited me in when they saw us and we can't say no to his lolo and uncle).

The weirdest of all weirdness was that it all happened on the first date. It felt like we've been together for days. It felt like I've been with him before. Then again, I don't want to get my hopes high. He's still the type of guy I try to steer away from. Why? Because he can melt my defenses in no time. And I'm not so comfortable with that idea right now. I'm way too scared.

I'm still hoping though. Sabi nga niya, "I know you're still bleeding, but I, as I've said before, will take my chances."


4 comments:

Leah said...

hope things go well for you! :)

Stiletto Hiker said...

i hope so. but still...i'm not so sure about this.

rigel said...

parang ang gwapo nya. hahaha
it's not the first love, it's the one that got you over it, sabi sa isang TV series na d ko maalala. hintay n lng where things take u.

Stiletto Hiker said...

yep. let's wait and see. if things go as planned, atleast he helped me recover. if it does, i hope we can be happy together.

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please