Monday, November 13, 2006

Burned Out

I just started my week but all I could think of is home and sleep despite the fact that my dad is in ICU and I've a thousand deadlines to meet within the next 24 hours.

Funny how people work so they could rest. Ironic huh? We work so we could afford to rest. Why can't we just rest? Why work to earn your rest? It just doesn't make sense. Like now, I'm trying to finish everything that I could so I could have rest later. I'm jamming every single bit of report before 5am so I could rest from 5am til 6am. How devastating is that? I could cry just with the thought.

Life, it seems, is much more complicated than meets the eye, yet so simple when analyzed. Errr...or vice versa. Yes, my rest consists of me doing all the thinking necessary to get me through the next few hours of work. Sad ain't it?

2 comments:

kaliwete said...

imho, i think you should go...the healing must start somewhere.

Stiletto Hiker said...

i should.

Panic

It's creeping in. I am worried. My anxiety is picking up.  Please