Playing mind games was my forte. I used to love it. I'd always claim that few can best me and strangle me cold. Stealth was my weapon. I was never found. I'll always be the sweet girl that everyone thinks I am.
One person can attest to this. He was after all, my best friend, turned enemy turned friend once again. And lemme tell you, he'd paint a picture so gruesome you'd never think I am capable of pure evil. I am. I know that and I've learned to harness it to my advantage.
Until now.
I love playing mind games. I love to engage in duels where one must outwit, outsmart and outplay the other without anyone even realizing that a war is being waged. I love to know the extent of my hold over someone psychologically. I love to measure the prowess of my skills by swaying thoughts, ideas and opinions whichever way I wanted it to go.
Until now.
I used to believe I was the best in this game. I wanted to seek challenge and be challenged. I found my match.
Now I stare dumbly into the space in front, the area where he used to stand. Footprints still fresh, the air still warm, the shadow still percievable. He claimed everything. He won the game.
I should've known...I should've realized that I'd never win againts him. Never.
No comments:
Post a Comment